Here are five thoughts from the first period of Bruins/Devils with the Boston Bruins trailing New Jersey by a 1-0 score after the opening 20 minutes at TD Garden.
- Not a bad period for the Bruins. They were getting traffic to the net and getting pucks on Mackenzie Blackwood to keep pressure on New Jersey after playing that same way in the third period against Buffalo on Saturday afternoon. David Krejci got a good shot on net through traffic to force Blackwood into making a good stop, and Anders Bjork fed Charlie Coyle for a redirect in front that bounced off Blackwood’s shoulder. No goals for their efforts, but they played pretty well all things considered.
— Conor Ryan (@ConorRyan_93) March 28, 2021
- Kyle Palmieri scores again against the Bruins. He’s another Bruins killer. That’s four goals in five games this season for Palmieri against the Black and Gold. This time it was a Ty Smith point shot that ricocheted off his knee on the way to the net, but it’s all a result of the veteran forward paying the price and getting into shooting lanes. Boy, he would look pretty good in a Bruins uniform.
- I don’t know what’s going on with David Pastrnak, but he’s looked lethargic with the puck on the PP during the games this weekend. He’s fumbling around passes for one-timers, he’s slow to make plays with the puck and he just isn’t playing with his usual aggressiveness looking for his offense. No shot attempts for Pastrnak in 7:32 of ice time in the first period.
- Charlie McAvoy is really at his full confidence level right now. Just one shot attempt in seven plus minutes of ice time, but he’s moving the puck with speed, precision and slickness and pacing the rest of the Bruins back end. He had one play where he carried it through traffic from behind his net up the middle, and that’s the kind of play a player only makes when he’s really doing the bull dance and feeling the flow.
- No Brad Marchand again while he’s on the COVID list. Tough break for the Boston Bruins but they are surviving at this point.
Never miss a post!
Bruins Team and Cap Info
Boston Bruins11 hours ago
Boston Bruins Zboril (Upper Body) Knocked Out of Season Finale
Boston Bruins11 hours ago
Talking Points: Yes, Cliche But The Boston Bruins ‘Kids Are Alright’
BHN+17 hours ago
Haggs: Hall Looks Like a Bruins Fit, But Let’s See The Playoffs |BHN+
Boston Bruins21 hours ago
Game 56: Boston Bruins @ Washington Capitals Preview
BHN Talking Points1 day ago
Talking Points: Boston Bruins Clinch With Hall’s OT Heroics
Boston Bruins6 days ago
After Some Prodding From Media, Jake DeBrusk Opens Up
Boston Bruins5 days ago
Swayman Having ‘Heck Of A Time’ In Historic Boston Bruins’ Start
BHN Daily7 days ago
BHN Daily: There Are No Winners In The Tom Wilson Incident
BHN+3 days ago
OTR: Halak Done With Boston Bruins? Rangers Fallout | BHN+
BHN Daily5 days ago
BHN Daily: Classic NHL Troll Job With Rangers Buchnevich Suspension